Tuesday 16 June 2015

June Challenges - Matte / Monochromatic

Yesterday's #30daysofcolourchallenge was Matte / Monochromatic. I did get it done on time but I'm a bit behind on blogging.
Anyway, I decided I'd do for blue and chose 4 blues for this, China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind, Virtuous Polish Charity, Virtuous Polish Deborah, Virtuous Polish Temperance.
I started with a white base and added 2 coats of the neon blue China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind, not really a me colour on its own but great as a bright base.
My Apipila Super Plate B arrived yesterday so whatever I had planned to stamp was abandoned in favour of the newest plate, of course. I started with the swirl, I've seen so many lovely swirly manis done with tape - I know I'd make a mess of that but stamping is so much easier! So I stamped with Virtuous Polish Charity which is a lovely dark slightly tealy blue.
Next I chose a geometric zig - zaggy triangle pattern and stamped that with Virtuous Polish Deborah which is a pretty pastel/neon hybrid - again, not a colour I'd want to wear on its own but it stamps nicely and I loved the look of the angles over the swirls.
Then for my 4th colour I used Virtuous Polish Temperance, a dark blue, leaning very slightly violet and I went back to the swirl stamp again. I am not sure if I can still see all the blues but it was fun building this up.
Finally I added a coat of Avon Destination Peach which is a pretty matte top coat with a slight peachy shimmer, not always appropriate but OK here I think and better than my OPI.
Matte / Monochromatic - blue!!!
China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind
Virtuous Polish Charity and
Apipila Super Plate B
Virtuous Polish Charity, Virtuous Polish Deborah
and Apipila Super Plate B
Virtuous Polish Charity, Virtuous Polish Deborah,
Virtuous Polish Temperance, Apipila Super Plate B
 
 
 




5 comments:

  1. Pretty! I like how from a distance it looks like tie dye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty the top swirls look as if they're floating on top of the other image creating depth, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two shades of blue and how they circle each other here. Makes for such a nice finish!

    ReplyDelete