Thursday 2 April 2015

A2Z Series - U is for Unusual

Well it is Thursday again so it's time for this week's A2Z - today we have U for Unusual. I struggled for ages on what on earth to do but then I decided my best option was just to go for an unusual combination. So we have camouflage nails with lace... unusual enough?
I started with a base of Leighton Denny Attention, a lovely khaki green. Then I added a quick coat of Dollish Polish Urban Camo, a really pretty mix of green, yellow and black glitters in a clear base. (I ignored the white glitters, partly because I don't like them and also I was stamping with white later)
Then I stamped using Vivid Lacquer VL 010 and Leighton Denny Undercurrent, a deep dark olive green. VL 010 has a wonderful camouflage image on it and it was this plate that really inspired the whole mani. I love both these greens by LD and I think they go perfectly together to make a great camo look, especially with the added hint of glitter.
Finally I used Born Pretty plate BP-02 and Saffron London white to stamp the lace. I like ths Saffron polish for stamping. Because it isn't completely opaque, the camo pattern and glitter still show through.
Now they are finished, I am not convinced you'd look at these and think they are particularly unusual but I have to say, I think they are really pretty and I love them!
Vivid Lacquer VL010 and Born Pretty BP-02
A2Z Series - U is for Unusual
Camouflage and lace
 Vivid Lacquer VL010 and Born Pretty BP-02
Vivid Lacquer VL010 and Born Pretty BP-02
 Vivid Lacquer VL010 and Born Pretty BP-02
 Vivid Lacquer VL010 and Born Pretty BP-02


1 comment: