Wednesday 16 September 2015

Jacava Autumn Winter 2015 Woodlanders Collection - Alpha Place

When Jacava got in touch a couple of weeks ago and asked if I'd like to review some of their Autumn Winter 2015 Woodlanders Collection I leapt at the chance. Coincidentally I had been looking at these polishes a few days earlier and had been delighted to see a whole new collection where almost all the colours are firmly in the "me polish" range. And by that, if you don't follow me regularly, I mean blue, grey, green. I have a number of lovely Jacava polishes but most are pinks and reds so I think this new collection is the perfect addition to their range. You can see all their lovely colours here.
The most difficult thing to do was to select which ones to try and in the end I think I listed about 10 and said, "you choose from these" because I couldn't!
I received two blues and a grey.
The first one I tried is Alpha Place, a darkish dusky blue. It is slightly greyer on the nail than in the bottle - no complaints there from me! It is a gorgeous blue, perhaps denim blue, or even airforce blue - despite having lots of blues I don't think I have one exactly like this. Even better, I have a pair of gloves in a perfect matching shade!
The polish applied well, as Jacavas always do. The brush is a lot narrower than most other brands but once you get used to that it is a lovely brush and I was pleased to see that although I haven't tried any Jacavas for a while, the quality is still excellent. They are also free from a whole host of nasties, listing 9 unpleasant things you might not want on your nails and you can read all about that here.
I really like this polish, it is a gorgeous shade and very wearable.
On my laptop the pictures look a bit brighter blue than reality, they looked better on my phone so hopefully you have a better lap top than me.
I did go on to add some glitter and do some stamping - you can see that here if you want to see what I did. I'll be reviewing the other 2 polishes very soon.
Jacava Alpha Place
Jacava Alpha Place
Jacava Alpha Place
Jacava Alpha Place
Jacava Alpha Place
Jacava Alpha Place

2 comments:

  1. I love this colour, such a pretty blue - the whole collection is gorgeous. I had such trouble picking which shades to try too x

    ReplyDelete