Thursday 3 September 2015

September Challenges - Pink and Coral

I have combined 2 challenges today, Pink for #30daysofcolourchallenge and Coral for #clairestelle8sept.
I don't have a huge amount of pinks and only one untried which was Above the Curve Desk Clear #11. This is a lovely pale pink with a subtle shimmer. It applied really well, with great coverage in 2 coats and no streakiness - perfect!
For coral I decided to try something new but I wasn't confident about doing it on both hands, so the right hand got stamping, the left hand got the experimenting!
For the right hand I stamped with hehe 040 (the wonderful fake watermarbling plate) and OPI My Chihuahua Bites. I was pretty impressed with the way the OPI stamped and I think it looked really pretty with the pale pink.
For the left hand I decided to have a try at dry marbling, so I used the same two polishes - in theory it would all be very co-ordinated! I painted a thick coat of the ATC and then added a couple of small blobs of OPI and swirled them around with a cocktail stick. I think I was a bit heavy handed as I moved too much base so you can see the nail peeping through in a few places but overall I think it was a reasonable first stab.
Finally, in another attempt to unify it all I stamped with hehe 040 and the OPI over the dry marbling. That looked quite pretty but the pictures did not really do it justice.
Above the Curve Desk Clear #11
Above the Curve Desk Clear #11
OPI My Chihuahua Bites and hehe 040
OPI My Chihuahua Bites and hehe 040
OPI My Chihuahua Bites and hehe 040

Dry Marbling with OPI My Chihuahua Bites
Dry Marbling with OPI My Chihuahua Bites
Dry Marbling with OPI My Chihuahua Bites
Dry Marbling with OPI My Chihuahua Bites

OPI My Chihuahua Bites and hehe 040
OPI My Chihuahua Bites and hehe 040
OPI My Chihuahua Bites and hehe 040




No comments:

Post a Comment