Friday 4 September 2015

September Challenges - Stained Glass using Jewel Tones

For some crazy reason I decided to join another challenge this month, because I liked the look of the challenges!
Realistically though, I think I will need to scale down the length of my blog posts for nail art manis as I am struggling to keep up! I feel an obligation to my regular readers and I would say if you are a regular reader and you want more information on any mani feel free to contact me.
I have done a little summary post of my decision here.
Anyway, back to this mani.
The brief was Stained Glass using Jewel Tones for #wnac2015. I decided to do some reverse stamping using China Glaze Liquid Leather and Apipila Super Plate B. I coloured the images in using Jacava Midnight's Secret, Nails Inc Emerald Street and Kleancolor Metallic Yellow over the base of Colors by Llarowe Love Actually.
Some nails looked great, some not so - the end result looked rather wobbly but I'll share anyway. I think maybe the CG was not a strong enough black for this mani. Anyway, I then stamped over it using Kleancolor Madly Black and Apipila Super Plate B.
I liked this much better, it had more definition although it does look rather dark!
reverse stamping
reverse stamping
reverse stamping

Apipila Super Plate B over Jewel Tones
Apipila Super Plate B with Kleancolor Madly Black
over Jewel Tones
Apipila Super Plate B over Jewel Tones




No comments:

Post a Comment