Monday 21 September 2015

September Challenges - Jungle!

On my nails last week for #clairestelle8sept we had a very rare, very shy, magical and fantastical creature - Mr Blue, the blue neon spotted leopard who only lives in the very deepest part of the Jungle.
Mr Blue had heard all about the new Uber mat and the very famous Claire of #clairestelle8sept and suggested that we recreate his coat on my nails making very special decals using the equally magical Ubermat for Claire's Jungle prompt.
After a few false starts here they are - I used Vivid Lacquer VL010, Essence Stampy 002 and Virtuous Polish Deborah over Jacava Ormonde Gate and topped it with Barry M Matte top coat.

Well, I received my new Uber Mat, which is now available in the UK from She Sells Sea Shells with no risk of customs fees. It was dispatched so quickly, I was really pleased although then I had to pluck up the courage to use it. I'd heard so much about it, what if I couldn't get it to work?
Actually, it's perfect - does exactly what you can see in all the videos and I think I will enjoy trying it out over the coming weeks. I had a few duff starts making the reverse stamped decals, like using an actual base coat as the base, and using a very slow drying top coat, but I got there. I chose a pattern which I knew would be a bit flexible if I ripped or stretched the decal but as it happened it worked quite well. I still need to figure out how to get tidy edges but I am quite pleased with my first attempt.
I took a few pics of the mani with glossy top coat, but it looked a lot better with a matte finish.
Blue Leopard Nails
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing this one on instagram coming up! I love how well the top coat worked for this design because that finished shine really does brighten up the whole nail.

    ReplyDelete