Wednesday 23 September 2015

September Challenges - Winter Colour and some snowflakes

Today's prompt was Winter Colour for #30daysofcolourchallenge.
I chose Glisten & Glow Blue on Blue as it was another of my newest polishes. When I think of winter shades,  I think of three different types - deep dark shades, soft warm nudes and then lighter frosty shades. Having just tried Rum & Coke, I wanted to try another Glisten & Glow as soon as possible so it seemed like a good enough reason to try this gorgeous blue holo!
Despite it being sunny all morning, the sun had ignored the weather forecast and gone in by the time I was ready to take pictures!
As with Rum & Coke, Blue on Blue applied beautifully - quite sheer on the first coat but perfect on the second. Photos are taken with a layer of top coat. This is a beautiful icy blue, almost silvery grey in some lights and of course the holo is awesome!
Since the prompt was Winter I couldn't resist adding some snowflakes. I didn't really have any snowflakes plates last winter so why not start early this year! I used the gorgeous DRK Designer 3 which is a buffet style plate, packed with snowflakes - I think I will use this plate a lot over the winter season and I stamped with Essence Stampy 001.
Glisten & Glow Blue on Blue
Glisten & Glow Blue on Blue 
Glisten & Glow Blue on Blue
 Glisten & Glow Blue on Blue
 Glisten & Glow Blue on Blue

DRK Designer 3 and Essence Stampy 001
DRK Designer 3 and Essence Stampy 001
 DRK Designer 3 and Essence Stampy 001
 DRK Designer 3 and Essence Stampy 001



No comments:

Post a Comment