Monday 14 September 2015

September Challenges - Jewel Tone, Dry Marbling and Orchid

Another combination post here combining 3 prompts, 2 for #30daysofcolourchallenge and one for #wnac2015.
The first #30daysofcolourchallenge prompt I did was Jewel Tone and I chose the gorgeous emerald green Claddagh from Smitten Polish. I have a feeling this might have been limited edition. It is just stunning, I really like Smitten polishes and this is no exception, the colour is perfect, the holo is gorgeous, application and coverage were good.
The #wnac2015 prompt was Dry Marbling with Jewel Tones. I used Smitten Claddagh and Kleancolor Metallic Yellow. I still haven't got the hang of this although it did look quite pretty in real life, especially in the sun. I tried doing it just on a bare nail, and also over a coat of polish but neither was very successful. I have since heard that it is worth trying to marble with a small brush rather than a cocktail stick so I might try again...
I'd planned the dry marbling as a base for another mani so when that failed I had to rethink - I used Smitten Claddagh stamped with Emily De Molly EDM16 and Kleancolor Metallic Yellow and then the same image with A England Proserpine - it was gorgeous in the sunshine but you need to see the shady shots to see the stamping a bit better!
The final prompt was Orchid for #30daysofcolourchallenge. I didn't even know orchid was a colour- I had to google it and found it is a purple, or pinky purple, but just to be sure I stamped an orchid-like image from Vivid Lacquer VL014 and used Esmaltes da Kelly Tuco and Chuoisco over my green base.
Smitten Claddagh
Smitten Claddagh
Smitten Claddagh

Dry marbling with Smitten Claddagh and  Kleancolor Metallic Yellow
Dry marbling with Smitten Claddagh and
Kleancolor Metallic Yellow
Dry Marbling with Smitten Claddagh and Kleancolor  Metallic Yellow

Emily de Molly EDM16  with Kleancolor Metallic Yellow  and A England Proserpine
Emily de Molly EDM16  with Kleancolor Metallic Yellow
and A England Proserpine
 EDM16 with Kleancolor Metallic Yellow  and A England Proserpine
 EDM16 with Kleancolor Metallic Yellow  and A England Proserpine
  EDM16 with Kleancolor Metallic Yellow  and A England Proserpine

Vivid Lacquer VL014 and used Esmaltes da Kelly Tuco and Chuosico
Vivid Lacquer VL014 and
Esmaltes da Kelly Tuco and Chuosico




No comments:

Post a Comment