Wednesday 16 September 2015

September Challenges - Glitter and Chrome

I combined 2 prompts for #30daysofcolourchallenge for this mani - Glitter and Chrome.
I started with a base of Jacava Alpha Place and then added Esmaltes da Kelly Thor diagonally to half of each nail. This glitter is so sparkly, the main colour is gold but it picks up every other colour imaginable in bright lights. In softer light oranges and greens are most prevalent and I thought it looked pretty autumnal. It applied pretty well considering my wobbly freehand and I added 2 coats of top coat to make sure it was really smooth.
Then I added some chrome stamping. I don't like chrome polishes on me and owned very few until I discovered they are good for stamping. I used Avon Metallic Effects Frosted Peach with Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04. I do like this plate, the sweeping lines are gorgeous and because it is a full image you can pick up which ever bit you fancy, and angle it whichever way you chose.
I loved the Sascha Gossen plate so much I used it again for some double stamping with Esmaltes da Kelly Doguito. I went roughly at right angles with this lovely nude stamping polish and I'm really pleased with the finished mani.
Esmaltes da Kelly Thor
Esmaltes da Kelly Thor
Esmaltes da Kelly Thor
 Esmaltes da Kelly Thor

Esmaltes da Kelly Thor
Esmaltes da Kelly Thor

Avon Metallic Effects Frosted Peach with Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04
Avon Metallic Effects Frosted Peach with
Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04
 Avon Metallic Effects Frosted Peach with Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04
Avon Metallic Effects Frosted Peach with Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04

Esmaltes da Kelly Doguito with Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04
Esmaltes da Kelly Doguito with Sascha Gossen YS04

Esmaltes da Kelly Doguito with Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04
Esmaltes da Kelly Doguito with Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04
 Esmaltes da Kelly Doguito with Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS04



3 comments:

  1. Such a cute nail polish bottle with the ribbon added! I really liked the second photograph of your manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the combination of the glittery gold with that deep blue and it makes for a lovely result. Oh, and the white lines is such a cool touch!

    ReplyDelete