Tuesday 15 September 2015

September Challenges - Holo and Mermaid Nails

The next two challenges were Holo for #30daysofcolourchallenge and Mermaid for #clairestelle8sept.
I started with Colors by Llarowe Lake of the Pines, a stunning green teal holo. This is another from the new Fall 2015 collection, again purchased from the ever wonderful Rainbow Connection.
This gorgeous green shade is just amazing and I will certainly be leaving this one out to wear again. This polish applied really nicely and gave such good coverage I didn't apply a second coat - I almost always do but it just didn't need it and I had planned to stamp over it later.
Sadly it was not sunny the day I did these nails so I only have cloudy outdoor shots and a couple of indoor ones, so another reason why this one needs to come out again soon!
I added a coat of a very pretty glitter, one of the gorgeous glitters toppers made by Nail Lacquer UK a couple of years ago, I still love this one - Ariel's Tails, which I thought would be appropriate for mermaid nails.
Then I stamped using DRK XL Designer 2 and 2 Tru Pro Metallica Aglaia. The polish and plate stamped well but the image did hide the glitter which was a bit of a shame. I could still see it glinting but it was barely visible to the camera.
Colors By Llarowe Lake of the Pines
Colors By Llarowe Lake of the Pines
 Colors By Llarowe Lake of the Pines
Colors By Llarowe Lake of the Pines
 Colors By Llarowe Lake of the Pines

Nail Lacquer UK Ariel's Tail
Nail Lacquer UK Ariel's Tail
DRK XL Designer 2 and 2 True Pro Metallica Aglaia
DRK XL Designer 2 and 2 True Pro Metallica Aglaia
DRK XL Designer 2 and 2 True Pro Metallica Aglaia
 DRK XL Designer 2 and 2 True Pro Metallica Aglaia


No comments:

Post a Comment