Tuesday 15 September 2015

September Challenges - Vampy and Fave Song

Ooh I am catching up now, only a couple of days behind and one of these challenges was actually today!
The first challenge was Vampy for #30daysofcolourchallange, and although I know Vampy is normally dark red, I had a polish that I really wanted to use. This polish certainly should not have sat untried for so long, the very dark and beautiful A England Incense Burner. In the bottle it looks like a dark brownish shimmery polish, and perhaps not as wow as some other A England polishes but once on the nail it is gorgeous and out in the day light it really is WOW. It is a dark brown but with a gorgeous glowing shimmer to it and a deep plummy purple duochrome shift and I am pretty certain it counts as Vampy! It applied well, a bit streaky on the first coat but perfect on the second.
I think you can see a hint of the plummy tones on the photos but I have a new laptop and the colours are rubbish - it looked good on my phone so I think the pictures are pretty colour accurate.
I decided to add some red anyway, to be sure it was properly vampy and I wanted to use a new plate that I bought from Nail Artisan.  Alex has only recently started up but she is stocking a lovely range of stamping plates and polishes, so I think I am going to be a frequent customer. Anyway, last week she posted that she was now stocking Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen plates and of course I had to order them! They are really sweet little plates and for this mani I used  YS01, which is mostly a lace plate. I stamped the lacy image using A England Rose Bower. This stamped really nicely and the plate is perfect. Unfortunately no matter what I did I could not get the camera to see what I could see. Contrast with stamping is definitely something I need to practice more - with hindsight a more solid red rather than a holo would have been more sensible, but you'll have to take my word for it, it was pretty!
Finally, today's challenge for #clairestelle8sept was Fave Song. I don't really have a fave song but I certainly have a fave band, R.E.M. Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage 1982–2011 has been in my car CD player since I bought it in 2011 and is rarely switched for anything else!
I have seen them play live twice and both times the lasting memory for me is when the crowd hold up their lighters in the darkness, such a powerful image and that is why I have flames on my nails today! I used Messy Mansion MM27 and SV by Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops over the vampy nails and am pretty pleased with the way they turned out.
A England Incense Burner
A England Incense Burner
A England Incense Burner
 A England Incense Burner

A England Rose Bower and Sasca Gossen YS01
A England Rose Bower and Sasca Gossen YS01
 A England Rose Bower and Sasca Gossen YS01
 A England Rose Bower and Sasca Gossen YS01

SV By Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops  and Messy Mansion MM27
SV By Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops
and Messy Mansion MM27
 SV By Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops  and Messy Mansion MM27
 SV By Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops  and Messy Mansion MM27

SV By Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops  and Messy Mansion MM27





No comments:

Post a Comment