These are basically just very long ribbed tubes, with a slit for the thumb, and it struck me that if it's tucked up inside a jumper, this very simple pattern would be perfect. I could use any double knitting wool that I had, even if it wasn't that pretty as they'd mostly be out of sight.
I had a ball of double knitting wool left over from when I knitted an advent calendar for my sister a few years back, a dark green which I had bought for the main tree, so I dug it out. It's just a value brand, Teddy Avril, but actually it's a lovely deep bottle green (pine coloured obviously) and it knitted up nicely, so I thought I'd use that. I only had 100g and I wasn't sure if it was quite enough but I figured if weighed it as I went along I could stop at 50g and start the next one. As it is I do have a bit left over and I am really pleased with the finished sleeves. I made these to go from just below my elbows, so just a bit shorter than the pattern intended. They fit well, the ribbed pattern is great for being stretchy and flexible, I will be making these again I think!
The camera seems to think these are teal rather than bottle green, and also doesn't like the contrast between pale skin and dark green wool, but poor camera skills aside, I am happy with these although my choice of nail varnish for modelling is obviously not one of my better matches :)