Tuesday 10 November 2015

November Challenges - HJ Manicure Thunderstorm and a purple reciprocal gradient

HJ Manicure Thunderstorm is a beautiful delicate lilac/grey creme. This polish is so wearable, the colour is just lovely. I am torn between recording it as pale purple and neutral. It applied beautifully, with excellent coverage and dried well. I am always a bit wary of paler shades for being streaky but no problem here at all - I am completely in love with this one!
I decided to use this as my base for a Purple Gradient for the Pancreatic Cancer Awareness mani #pcanovember15.
I started with a purple gradient of HJ Manicure Thunderstorm, HJ Manicure Lavender and Nails Inc Wigmore Street.
Then I decided to try another reciprocal gradient. I really wanted to see if I could do this with stamping rather than vinyls - so I used the same polishes again to stamp with Moyou London Pro XL 01. It took a few attempts to get this right and in the end by about the 7th nail I gave up trying to blend three colours and used Thunderstorm and Wigmore Street on the stamping plate. That seemed to be more efficient and gave the same result but neater so I'd do that again.
HJ Manicure Thunderstorm
HJ Manicure Thunderstorm
HJ Manicure Thunderstorm
HJ Manicure Thunderstorm


Stamped reciprocal gradient



No comments:

Post a Comment