Friday 6 November 2015

November Challenges - Under the Sea

The prompt for #clairestelle8nov was Under the Sea.
I started with a base of Barry M Black Grape, a super dark blue.
Then I stamped using the wavy sea image on Pueen 91 and ILNP Mutagen to give an underwatery sort of feel.
Then I used Vivid Lacquer VL042 and stamped the dolphins and octopi with Avon Metallic Effects Jade Reflection and Arctic Steel.
Finally I added some coral from Pueen 91 using Avon Metallic Effects Frosted Peach.
I took glossy and matte pics - again I struggled to decide which I like best. I felt the glossy finish looked more underwatery but I did like the way the matte finish made the stamping really stand out. The down side of the matte finish was that the beauty of Mutagen was lost, but you can't really see that on the photos anyway.
Barry M Black Grape
Barry M Black Grape
 Barry M Black Grape

Vivid Lacquer VL 042 and Pueen 91
Vivid Lacquer VL 042 and Pueen 91
 Vivid Lacquer VL 042 and Pueen 91

Vivid Lacquer VL 042 and Pueen 91
 Vivid Lacquer VL 042 and Pueen 91

No comments:

Post a Comment