Wednesday 31 December 2014

Above the Curve Moon Dance

I was so lucky to get the beauty I am wearing on my nails for New Years Eve. Above the Curve's Moon Dance was a limited edition polish. I am not sure from when although it looks like the most up to date bottle design so maybe some time in 2014 - I was lucky enough to buy it when a friend in the UK was having a destash. I couldn't find any swatches on line, but I could see from the pic that it was dark, and it was Above the Curve so chances were I was going to love it!
I was actually quite surprised when it arrived to find it was a glitter polish since I know ATC mostly for fabulous holos - surprised but not disappointed, I love glitter too!
This is a mix of blue, teal, pink, purple and I think I saw a flash of red too, with tiny silver micro glitters, all in a deep dark blue / indigo base. The base is slightly sheer. Based on a quick swatch I did, I think I would need 3 coats for full coverage but I am fussy about how much glitter, so I did a coat of dark blue as undies first and then added 2 coats of Moon Dance.
I haven't worn dark nails with glitter for absolutely ages, it's all been stamping and holos, so this makes a really nice change.
Also, my blog was 2 years old yesterday, and I started it with dark glittery nails so I think it is appropriate to be wearing dark with with glitter now. This beauty doesn't just celebrate New Years Eve but also the 2nd birthday of Knitty Nails.
Moon Dance is lovely, it is a shame it's limited edition, I don't expect there are many out there but do snap one up if you see it!!! It is so dark and glossy but sparkly too - the coloured glitters really glow when they catch the light!!! Moon Dance is a really beautiful addition to my collection.
Above the Curve Moon Dance
Above the Curve Moon Dance
 Above the Curve Moon Dance
 Above the Curve Moon Dance
 Above the Curve Moon Dance
  Above the Curve Moon Dance



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year my friend! I hope you have a beautiful year ahead :) Absolutely gorgeous polish! I love the cheeky glitter :) xx

    ReplyDelete